The Red Cross Society is a worldwide, well known, universally accepted, admired and internationally identified humanitarian service organization. It is the biggest, independent nonreligious, non-political, non-sectarian and voluntary relief organization treating people equally all over the world without any discrimination as to their nationality race and religion beliefs. M.D.S.D Girls College has an active youth red cross cell which aims to serve the society.
Motto: "Health, Service and Friendship"
The main purpose of organizing the Youth Red Cross is:
- Informing youth members and others the role and the responsibilities of the Red Cross and encourage them to contribute
- An awareness on the care of their own health and that of others
- The understanding and acceptance of civic responsibilities and acting accordingly with humanitarian concern, to fulfil the same
- To enable the growth and development of a spirit of service and sense of duty with dedication and devotion in the minds of youth
- To foster better friendly relationship with all without any discrimination
- Annpurna Day & Doctor Day Celebration(1st July 2020): YRC celebrated Annapurna and Doctor Day in collaboration with Inner Wheel Club.
- Services in Blood Donation Camp (6th July 2020): YRC Counselor and YRC Volunteers gave their services in the Blood Donation Camp organized by Rotary Club in association with Sunny Ahluwalia Charitable Foundation.YRC Counsellor Mrs . Deepshikha Sharam and YRC Volunteer Mehak were given appreciation certificates for their services.
- Tree Plantation Rally and Camp(17th July 2020): A tree plantation drive was organised in the adopted villages Barnala , Garnala and Dhankaur in which around 200 trees were planted in Ayushmann Kendra, Community Centre, Vyayamshala .
- Online Kargil Diwas Celebration(26th July 2020): YRC celebrated an online event to celebrate Kargil Diwas in which students recited poems and songs and paid tribute to Kargil warriors.
- Online Seminar on Hepatitis(28th July 2020): YRC organized a webinar to celebrate World Hepatitis Day in which Dr. Rajesh Gera from Paras Hospital was the speaker.
- Mask Distribution (14th August 2020): Masks were distributed by the YRC Volunteers in their localities and they awarded them hand hygiene.
- Independence Day Celebration (15th August 2020): YRC Volunteers celebrated 74th Independence Day. The celebrations took place at Anaj Mandi and was organized by District Red Cross Society , Ambala City.
- World Senior Citizen Day (21st August 2020): YRC Unit Celebrated World Senior Citizen Day at Jivandhara Vrudhashram , Ambala City in association with Rotary Club , Ambala Central.
- Quiz Competition (2nd September 2020): Red Ribbon Club & YRC Unit of the college organized an Online Quiz on " HIV AIDS" . Around 95 students from the college participated in the Quiz Competition.
- Online Seminar on “Arthritis”(5th September 2020): An online seminar was organized by YRC on ‘Arthritis’ in which Manuj Wadhwa from Paras Hospital was the speaker.
- PPE Kits Distribution (14th September 2020): 100 PPE Kits were distributed by YRC Unit of the college in Mission Hospital, Ambala City with the help of Inner Wheel Club, Ambala City.
- Online Seminar on “World Alzheimer’s Day”(21st September 2020): An online seminar was organized on ‘World Alzheimer’s Day” in collaboration with Rotary Club, Ambala Central.
- Eye Donation Pledge (28-29th September 2020): YRC Counsellors and YRC Volunteers took the Eye Donation Pledge under Cornea Andhatv Mukt Bharat Abhiyan.
- Online Seminar on “Heart Care in Current Times”(29th September 2020): YRC organized an online seminar to World Heart Day. Harinder K Bali from Paras Hospital shared how to take care of our heart and the proper diet to follow to lower the risk of heart attack.
- National Voluntary Blood Donation Day (1st October 2020): Online National Level Seminar was organized to celebrate National Voluntary Blood Donation Day .This seminar was attended by more than 150 participants from various parts of the country.
- Online Seminar on “Breast Cancer Awareness”(21st October 2020): YRC organized an online seminar on ‘Breast Cancer Awareness’ in which Dr. Rajan Sahu awared the audience about how early detect the breast cancer and its treatment.
- World AIDS Day (1st December 2020): Various Activities were organized by on the occasion of World AIDS Day by YRC & Red Ribbon Club. College students participated in Poster Making , Virtual Mehandi & Face Painting competition.
- Scooter Rally against Environmental Pollution(23rd December 2020): YRC organized scooter rally in which YRC volunteers awared the people to take care of our environment. They also made Rangoli on the theme ‘Protect our Environment’.
- Tree Plantation Drive (24th December 2020): YRC organized a tree plantation drive in the college premesis.
- Christmas Day Celebration(25th December 2020): YRC of the college celebrated Christmas Day in the college by decorating the Christmas tree and cutting a cake.
- Sanitary Napkin Distribution(26th December 2020): Sanitary Napkin Distribution to the Women Residents of the Slum Area(26th December 2020)
- Salt, Soaps & Toothbrush Distribution Camp (27th December 2020): YRC team distributing Salt, toothbrush & soaps to the residents of slum area .
- Rally on Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao in Village Khatauli (28th December 2020): YRC team organized a Rally to create awareness on Girls Education in the Village Khatauli (28th December 2020)
- National Youth Day(12th January 2021): Youth Red Cross and Red Ribbon Club organized an online quiz to celebrate 'National Youth Day' (12th January 2021) on Swami Vivekanand's life. Quiz comprised of 10 questions of 2 marks each and was opened for 30 minutes (10:30 am-11:00 am).Overall 23 students from the college participated in the college . 10 students scored >=18 marks and were awarded certificates. Quiz link :https://forms.gle/H9BqbrnKWHZgv5a99
- Prakaram Diwas (23rd January 2021):125th birth anniversary of Subhash Chandra was celebrated as Prakaram Day. The online slogan writing competition was organized by Youth Red Cross and Red Ribbon Club under the chairmanship of Principal Dr. Kiran Angra of MDSD Girls College. Participants from Haryana, Tamil Nadu and Uttarakhand participated in the event. Deepa of MDSD got the first position, A. Muraganna of Tamil Nadu got the second place.
- Republic Day Celebration (26th January 2021):YRC volunteers celebrated Republic Day online through Zoom Meeting. Volunteers sang Patriotic songs and also shared their views about the importance of this day for all of us. The event concluded with National Anthem.
- Online Seminar on “Common Cancers”(4th February 2021): YRC organized an online seminar on ‘Common Cancers’ in collaboration with Rotary Club, Ambala Central.
- Services in Blood Donation Camp (7th February, 2021): Red Cross volunteer gave their services in the Blood Donation Camp organized by Bharat Vikas Parishad & Jan Sewa Aarogya Kendra at Panchayat Bhawan, Ambala city .One Red Cross volunteer Damandeep Kaur of B.Com. 3 donated blood.Our YRC team was honoured for their services towards blood donation. 53 units of blood was collected in the camp. Our four volunteers named Damandeep and Amandeep of B.Com. 3 and Nandini and Manpreet of B.Com.1 and YRC Counsellor Mrs. Deepshikha Sharma were honoured by Bhartiya Vikas Parishad .
- Sadak Suraksha Day & Rangoli Competition (17th Feb 2021): YRC celebrated Sadak Suraksha Day in the college premesis. Officials of RTA Ambala awared the students about the ruled to be followed while driving. A rangoli competition was also organized during the celebration.
- Drug De addiction Seminar (19th February 2021): One day seminar was organised by the YRC of the college in collaboration with District Red Cross Society , Ambala. Principal of the College Dr.(Mrs.) Kiran Angra aware the youth about the cons of drug intake and how it is deteriorating our society . Mr. Vivek Khera , President ,Lions Club also shared his views on this topic. Other speakers include Mr. Vishal from Bhartiya Yog Sansthan , S .T . P Singh from Gurdwara Sabha , Mr. Vijay ( District NSS Coordinator ) , Mr. Manoj Saini from District Red Cross Society , Ambala . Every speaker urged the students to stay away from drugs and create awareness regarding this topic among others also. 42 students from the college were present along with 15 students from SA Jain College , Ambala City.
- First AID & Home Nursing Training(22nd Feb- 28th Feb 2021): YRC organized First AID & Home Nursing Training in collaboration with District Red Cross Society, Ambala for the college students.
- Dental Check Up Camp(27th February 2021): YRC organized a dental check up camp in the college premesis in which dentists from Floss & Gloss Dental Care Center examined the college students.
- Blood & Health Check Up Camp(4th March 2021): YRC organized Blood & Heath Check Up Camp in the college premesis in collaboration with Bharat Vikas Parishad.
- Food distribution by YRC volunteers during Period time(8th March 2021):
YRC volunteers created awareness on proper nutrition among females during period times by organizing a food distribution drive.
- Rally on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan(17th March 2021): YRC volunteers organized a rally under ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’ to create awareness among people.
- Rally on “Say No to Plastic”(2nd April 2021): YRC volunteers organized a rally on ‘Say No to Plastic’ to create awareness among people. YRC volunteers collected Plastic Bottles, Bags from the road of the village of Garnal.
- World Health Week Celebration(7th April- 14th April 2021): YRC and Red Ribbon Club celebrated World Health Week. Various Activities were organized for the celebration including:
- Poster making on HIV AIDS(9/4/2021): 25 YRC volunteers made posters to create awareness of HIV/AIDS.
- Awareness lecture on HIV/AIDS(13/4/2021): An online awareness lecture on HIV AIDS was organized in which Mr. Parvinder Singh AIDS Awareness Counsellor, Civil Hospital , Ambala aware the volunteers about the preventions and precautions to be taken for HIV/AIDS.
- Mask Distribution(14th April 2021): YRC organized a mask distribution drive in the adopted villages in which Management members, Principal ma’am with YRC team distributing masks distributed masks to the villagers.
- Fire week celebration(16/4/2021):
Fire week was celebrated by the YRC of the college on 16/4/2021 in the college premises. Fire Department representatives informed the students about the types of fires & the preventive measures to take in fire like situations. Students were given the demonstration how to use a fire extinguisher cylinder.
- Online Earth Day Celebration(22nd April 2021): YRC organized poster making competition to celebrate ‘Earth Day’.
- World Red Cross Day Celebration(8th May 2021): An Online Intercollege Quiz Competition was organized by the YRC of the college in which 218 participants attempted the Quiz. The participants scoring above 90% were given E- certificates.
- Online World Menstrual Hygiene Day Celebration(28th May 2021): YRC organized a webinar to celebrate World Menstrual Hygiene Day in which Chief Guest; CJM Sukhda Pritam and Resource Person Dr. Shashi awared the studentson personal hygiene during periods.
- Online Essay Writing & Poster Making Competitionon World No Tobacco Day(31st May 2021): YRC organized an Online Essay Writing & Poster Making Competition on World No Tobacco Day.
- COVID Awareness:
YRC Volunteers of the college are creating awareness on COVID- 19 through their posters and videos. They are motivating people to take their vaccination and wear mask even after vaccination.
- Online Seminar on “Responsibility towards Environment in the changing times”( 5th June 2021)
YRC organized an online seminar on Responsibility towards Environment in the changing times” in which
Resource Person Dr. Anita Rathore(HOD, Geography Dept.), BPNG Girls College, Udaipur, Rajasthan shared her views.
- World Blood Donor Day Celebration( 14th June 2021):
YRC & Red Ribbon Club of the college organized online national level Poster making competition to celebrate “World Blood Donor Day”. Overall 83 participants across the country participated in the competition and the winners were given E- certificates.
1st: Alinda Fargose ( Sophia College, Maharashtra)
Nandini Saini & Nibedita ( M.D.S.D. Girls College, Ambala City)
2nd: Urmila Sehgal( Vaish Arya Shikshan Mahavidyalaya)
VS Pravin( Hindustan Arts & Science College, Tamil Nadu)
3rd: Rashmi (MKJK College, Rohtak)
Ishika (SD College, Ambala Cantt)
Jashanpreet Kaur & Shafali ( M.D.S.D. Girls College, Ambala City)
- Virtual Training on “Life Saving Skill”(14th June-18th June 2021):
YRC Counsellors (Mrs. Deepshikha Sharma, Ms. Aanchal), Red Ribbon Club Incharge(Mrs. Nishu Bansal), YRC Volunteers( Ms. Nandini(B.Com.1), Ms. Shafali(B.Com.1), Ms. Manpreet (B.Com.1)) attended 5 days virtual training on “Life saving skill” organized by Haryana Institute of Public Administration.
- International Yoga Day Celebration(18th June-21st June 2021):
Yoga Protocol Training Camp is organised in college premises from June 18-21, 2021 to celebrate 7th International Yoga Day.YRC volunteers were given Yoga training by the Yoga trainer Mrs. Rajni Verma from Patanjali, Dr. Meenakshi Ayurvedic medical officer Ayush Dept. Civil Hospital, Ambala City and Mr. Manoj from Govt. High School No.7. The Yoga protocol training camp concluded on 21st June 2021. The volunteers first listened the PM speech which is followed by their live Yoga practice.
- Lecture on "Universal Access to Vaccine as a Medicine as a fight against COVID-19(21st June 2021): YRC organized a lecture on ‘Universal Access to Vaccine as a Medicine as a fight against COVID-19’ in the college in which Meenakshi Ayurvedic medical officer Ayush Dept. Civil Hospital was the speaker.
- Dental Check Up Camp( 28th June 2021):YRC organized a Dental Check Up Camp in which Doctors from Altruist Dental Clinic examined the villagers of Baranal
- Eye Check Up Camp in Khatauli Village(30th June 2021): YRC organized a Eye Check Up Camp in which Doctors from Kapil Eye Hospital examined the villagers of Khatauli Village