Physical Education is "education through the physical". It aims to develop students’ physical competence and knowledge of movement and safety, and their ability to use these to perform in a wide range of activities associated with the development of an active and healthy lifestyle. It also develops students’ confidence and generic skills, especially those of collaboration, communication, creativity, critical thinking and aesthetic appreciation. These, together with the nurturing of positive values and attitudes in PE, provide a good foundation for students’ lifelong and life-wide learning. Physical Education (PE) develops students' competence and confidence to take part in a range of physical activities that become a central part of their lives, both in and out of school. A high-quality PE curriculum enables all students to enjoy and succeed in many kinds of physical activity.
Motto: Fitter, Healthier, Happier
The aim of the physical education is all round development of an individual. There are some objectives to attain this aim. The objectives of physical education are to enable the student to:
- Appreciate and understand the value of physical education and its relationship to a healthy, active lifestyle.
- Work to their optimal level of physical fitness.
- Become aware of movement as a creative medium connected to communication, expression and aesthetic appreciation.
- Develop the motor skills necessary to participate successfully in a variety of physical activities.
- Experience enjoyment and satisfaction through physical activity develop social skills that demonstrate the importance of teamwork and cooperation in group activities.
- Demonstrate a high level of interest and personal engagement showing initiative, enthusiasm and commitment.
- Show knowledge and understanding in a variety of physical activities and evaluate their own and others’ performances.
- Demonstrate the ability to critically reflect upon physical activity in both a local and intercultural context.
Sports Facilites in College
1. Handball ground
2. Basketball ground
3. National style kabaddi ground
4. 10 meter Shooting range
5. Weightlifting center
6. Sports gym
7. Naturopathy center
8. Badminton court
9. Shot put ground
10. High jump pit
11. Table tennis
12. Yoga hall
13. Sports hostel