Women’s cell at M.D.S.D Girls College has been established with an aim to empower women to recognize their true potential and to help them attain their own stand in a competing world. Its goal is the overall development of women in all spheres of their life. It also helps in creating awareness about important issues related to women and provides a forum for discussion and deliberation on a range of issues from empowerment to environment. Women’s Cell seeks to mould the young women force in the campus to achieve thriving mile stones of success in their life. It also seeks to empower young women to attain emotional, physical and mental freedom to withstand the changing phases throughout their life.
Motto: "Educate, Enlighten, Empower"
Main objectives includes:
- To enhance self esteem and self confidence among women students and staff
- To foster decision making ability
- To increase awareness of women related social issues, health, employment and gender related matters
- To realize role of women in building up of a healthy society
- To promote intellectual and cultural activities for overall personality development of student.
- To develop critical thinking ability of women students such that it enhances decision-making ability.
- To strengthen the social, emotional, and psychological well being of female faculty, students and other staff in the college.
- International Youth Day :Women Cell Celebrated International Youth Day On 12 August 2020, at MDSD Girls College, Ambala Cityin association with Federation of obstetric and Gynecological Societies of India on the theme “Preventable adolescent Healthcare Education under the chairmanship of the principal of the college Dr. (Mrs.) Kiran Angra. Mrs. Nishu Bansal and Mrs. Reenu Sharma were present.
- Online Interactive session: Online Interactive session on Alzheimer’s Day was conducted in collaboration with Rotary Club Ambala Central and Paras Hospital Panchkula on September22,2020 under the chairmanship of the Principal of the college Dr. (Mrs.) Kiran In this program, 200 students and teachers participated wholeheartedly.
- Navratra Mahotsva: On October 16, 2020 Navratra Mahotsva was celebrated online in association with Inner Wheel Club. Dance competition and cooking competition was organized by women cell under the chairmanship of the Principal of the college Dr. (Mrs.) Kiran Angra. 40 girls of the college participated in the event. In this program, the students of the college, wearing costumes from different areas, introduced the culture of the place. DR Anuradha and Mrs Reenu Sharma organized this event on Zoom platform.
- Mehndi Competition: On occasion of festival season Mehndi Competition was organized by Women Cellat MDSD Girls College Ambala City on 3November 2020. Under the chairmanship of the Principal of the college Dr. (Mrs.) Kiran Angra. In this program, the Principal of the college, Woman Cell Incharge Dr Anuradha and Smt Reenu Sharma and other staff members were present. 50 girl students of the college participated in this competition and won Prizes. First prize was grabbed by Navneet Kaur of B.A Final year whereas Second Prize by Jyoti of B.A 2nd
- Mehndi Competition: On occasion of Lohri festival Mehndi Competition was organized by Women Cell at MDSD Girls College Ambala City on 13 January 2021 under the chairmanship of the Principal of the college Dr. (Mrs.) Kiran Angra. In this program, the Principal of the college, Woman Cell Incharge Dr Anuradha and Smt Reenu Sharma and other staff members were present. 30 girl students of the college participated in this competition and won Prizes. First prize was grabbed by Navneet Kaur of B.A Final year whereas Second Prize Shaifali of B.Com 1st
- International Women's Day week: A expert lecture was organized by the Women's Cell in MDSD Girls College, Ambala city, in association with Jan Aushadhi Kendra, on the information about Jan Arogya Yojana run by the Prime Minister at the launch of International Women's Day week. Shri Naresh Agrawal Pradhan, Jan Aushadhi Kendra and Special Guest Professors MP Gupta and PC Gupta were the chief guest in this program. Om Prakash Verma played the role of keynote speaker in this program. In his statement, Om Prakash Verma said that generic medicines are given in Jan Aushadhi Kendras, whose price is 50% to 90% less than the medicines available from the common chemist's shop and these medicines are approved by WHO. He also told that these medicines are beneficial for health and it is also helpful in strengthening the economic system of our country. Dr. Kiran Angra, Principal of the college, while thanking all the guests said that generic medicines are made in India only, due to which they are available in low cost so that we can keep our health safe. The Principal told that with the medicines which are made in our country, we can strengthen the economy of our country. And this is a strong step towards self-reliant India. In the end, the members of Jan Aushadhi Kendra distributed sanitary napkins to 120 students and staff of the college, which are biodegradable and also helpful in protecting the environment.
- On second day of the International Women's Day week at MDSD Girls College Ambala city, a blood test camp was organized by the Women Cell under the chairmanship of Dr. Jatin Mehndi Rata. In the camp, about 50 participants including girl students, administrative, non-administrative staff and people of slum area got their blood tested. In this camp, Dr. Jatin Mehndi Rata gave tips and remedies to increase blood pressure. The principal of the college said that health of a woman is an important part of the progress of a home and blood plays an important role in this, so we should pay full attention to our diet and exercise. In the end, the Principal Madam congratulated Dr. Anuradha and Mrs. Reenu Sharma for organization of the program and said that our Women Cell will continue to make every effort for the physical health of women in future also. On this occasion, Mahila Parishad chief Manju Garg, Subhashini Goyal, Priyanka Garg, Rashi Aggarwal, Indu Khanna, security Mehta head Bharti Khanna and member BM Mehta were present from India Development Council.
- On the next day of International Women's Day week in MDSD Girls College Ambala city, under the chairmanship of Principal Dr. Kiran Angra, full body medical test was organized by the Women Cell in collaboration with Rotary Club Ambala Central in which Dr. Jatin Mehndi Ratta from Thyrocare did full body medical test.In this, all the administrative and non-administrative staff of the college were tested. In this program Dr. Jatin Mehndi Ratta told that everyone must get their bridge medical body test done so that if there is any disease in our body then we can get it treated on time. The principal of the college said that many times there is some disease in our body which we do not know on time and we are not able to get its treatment in time, we should always be alert for our health. The Principal of the college congratulated the Women Cell Incharge Smt. Reenu Sharma and Dr. Anuradha for the successful organization of the program. Dr. Surjit Angra, President of Rotary Club Ambala Central and other members of Rotary Club Ambala Central were present in this program.
- In the last day of the week a program was organized by the Women Cell of the college under the chairmanship of Principal Dr.Kiran Angra In this program Mrs. Radhika Cheema and Gurvinder Cheema shared their views on entrepreneurship the most, they also told that How did he achieve his position by battling every situation. After this, recreational activities were done by the female staff of the college, in which various games were played. While congratulating the Women Cell Incharge Smt. Reenu Sharma and Dr. Anuradha for the successful organization of the program, the Principal of the college said that women should always be self-reliant because real women empowerment will happen only when women are financially self-reliant and they have the ability to do something. Confidence will rise. In the end, the Principal Madam wished everyone a very Happy Women's Day.
- On 1 August 2019, at MDSD Girls College, Ambala City. A rally was organized on the women empowerment by the college students under the chairmanship of the principal of the college Dr. (Mrs.) Kiran Angra. In this rally, the principal of the college, women cell in-charge Mrs. Nishu Bansal and Mrs. Reenu Sharma were present.